Friday, September 20, 2013

Lost on a path to no where

I started this blog to get healthy, physically, and for my husband and I to share our experience with others who may be struggling as well. I've joined support groups on facebook and on reddit, and I've tried to change our daily diet to include less soda, and more wholesome foods...I think I've started on the wrong track.

I am a crazy, stressed, over burdened mother of a 14 month old, a student, a teacher, a crafter, and artist. I have my mind and my body going in so many directions, that it's started to fold in on itself. I am beginning to see why our diet went from wholesome to coffee shop muffins, and convenience store snack grabs.

Health isn't just physical. Health is mental, spiritual and physical.

I feel that I've lost my mental strength because of a long-time, unchecked wavering of spiritual health. I am not Christian. I did not make this choice in ignorance, but instead, in knowledge. It is a faith that guides hundreds of thousands of people in countries around the globe, but it is not the faith that speaks to me. That being said, I don't have a faith that I cling to. I have a faith that is mystic, and ever surrounding, but that has no name. Is this wrong? I don't believe so.



I feel that to be strong and healthy, we much have a strong foundation in our place in the world. I don't mean coordinates of your location, I mean where do your roots sink into your being and grow towards your faith. I think I've lost touch with those roots, and so my branches can not grow strong... yes, it's a tree analogy... I need to reconnect to nature, the only pure and surviving faith. Trees don't need a god to thrive, they don't need scripture to grow towards the sun.

I want to reconnect with my inner Oak tree. Once I find spiritual stability, I am sure I can find balance in my mental and physical health as well.

I know I can't be the only one who feels this way. I know I'm not the only one who has lost themselves on their life journey. I am not the only one who needs to look around and find a new balance.

I know I'm not alone.

I hope others can find their balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment