Friday, January 4, 2013

First Adventures

I am a Work at Home Mom and Student. My husband works security for a private contractor at our local hospital. We have a five month old son. We lead busy, chaotic, and until now, unhealthy lives. A week ago. I watched a series of documentaries about healthy lifestyles, and the benefits. The top two were "Hungry for Change", and "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." Both of these are available on Netflix (as of Jan 1, 2013) if you haven't seen them.

I was so enamored with the message that they sent that I had my husband watch them. And while wrestling with a fussy baby, and working through a customer order, we decided that it was time for a change. I live a fairly sedentary life, and I am one hell of a carnivore. What better time to start a new lifestyle goal than at new years, when resolutions are flying about and fatty Christmas celebration foods are on sale...

we started by trying the "Mean Green" by Joe Cross (Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead) It's a veggie juice masterpiece full of lush leafy greens, and great detox antioxidants. Here is the recipe: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/mean-green-juice/

(Photo from Green Plate Rule)

We will post a review on this juice and any revisions at a later time... after we have been able to drink, and process it.

If you are looking for some more useful links, check out pinterest, and reddit.

No comments:

Post a Comment